Sunday, 4 January 2015

December Wrap and The Year That Was 2014

Blink and you missed it!  December went by in a flash taking Christmas with it and here we are already - 2015! 

 Happy New Year! 

So let's start with my December wrap up.  A very poor month on the blog and I really don't see 2015 getting any better.  

Post Stats
Poetry Corner = 1
Wondrous Words Wednesday = 2
Merry Christmas = 1

Reviews = 0

Books Read and Rated
The Last Coyote - Michael Connelly 4*
Inferno - Dan Brown 4*

DNF
Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn - I did not get on with this book.

Poetry Feature
Demeter - Carol Ann Duffy

Overview
I made an abysmal four posts in December.  What can I say?

Rather than give an overview of the year that was 2014, I am going to list my favourite reads of the year.

2014 Winners
Once Upon a Timepiece - Starr Wood
To The Fair Land - Lucienne Boyce
It Had To Be You - Lynda Renham
Can't Wait to Get to Heaven - Fannie Flagg
Tess of the D'Urbervilles -  Thomas Hardy
Brixton Beach - Roma Tearne

Plans for 2015?  I am not going to close this space as I really do hope to get some reviews in, but I want to try and dip into Wondrous Words Wednesday fairly regularly and keep the poetry feature going.  Bear with me and I hope to resume normal service but I cannot say when for now.

I look forward to hearing your plans for 2015 in books.





Blog Archive