Sunday, 5 October 2014

Sunday Post #9



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalise it! Include as much as you want or as little. Check out the rules of the meme.

I'm a little late in the day with this post, it has been a bit hectic today.  I have been baking this weekend, the French apple cake I posted about on one of my other blogs a couple of weeks ago.  I had promised a friend a house-warming cake and I was a little late as I didn't have time to bake anything when we visited for book group.  So I baked it yesterday and we took it round last night.  Today I made another which is still cooling to deliver to a very poorly friend who said he would like apple cake when I mentioned the idea to his wife. This week I went to see the film Pride which I really loved.  Great cast and so funny!  I went out for a meal with my old work colleagues to celebrate a 60th birthday.  We bought her champagne, an orchid, a cake and a balloon which we attached to the table.  My teen has encouraged me to snap-chat and she has sorted out some of my questions about it.  I'm not sure how long this will last with me, but if anyone here wants to snap-chat with me let me know your handle.

Posts on Booketta's Book Blog
Sunday Post #8

It's A Wrap - End of Month Round Up

Wondrous Words Wednesday

Posts on my other blogs

Useful posts elsewhere in the Blogosphere
Jo Michael's Becoming a Book Blogger posts which have featured throughout the week.

Books Read
A Place of Execution - Val McDermid 5*

Books Abandoned
Rachel's Holiday - Marian Keyes - I just couldn't get on with this one.

Current Reads
I am working my way through some poetry collections including:
The World's Wife  - Carol Ann Duffy
I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud... - Ana Sampson
My current read is:
What Would Oprah Do? - Erin Emerson

My Musical Listens
Alison Moyet - Alf
The Beatles - Abbey Road 
Bob Marley - The Sun is Shining
Eagles - Desperado
The Fray - How To Save A Life
Loaned from the library:
Arctic Monkeys - AM
Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll

On TV
Crimes of Passion
Downton Abbey
Cilla

Blog Book Plans
I am hoping to post a give-away for October.
I will have some more words to share on Wondrous Words Wednesday.
A poem for Poetry Corner.
No planned reviews but you never know I may sneak one in.
My next book choice will be whatever comes out of the book jar.

Apart from my usual weekly activities next week I have nothing planned outside of that.  If I get to writing group that will be a bonus.

What are you sharing with us today?


Blog Archive