Sunday, 26 October 2014

Sunday Post #11



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalise it! Include as much as you want or as little. Check out the rules of the meme.

Somehow I feel as though my feet have hardly touched the ground this week.  I fitted in my usual activities and also made three library trips.  My son had overdue books which we returned, then a CD came in which needed collecting and today my daughter wanted to pop into the Central library whilst in town.  Hubby and I went to a poetry evening which was a book launch for two local poets who also read from their work.  We also got to see a string quartet playing in a pub rather like having them in your living room, photos can be viewed in the Saturday Snapshot link below.  Today, the teen and I went into the city, we had lunch and I sneaked off to see a short live performance featuring a baroque cello.  We then met up to visit the museum to see some interesting exhibitions.

Posts on Booketta's Book Blog


Posts on my other blogs

Marmalade Cake


Useful posts elsewhere in the Blogosphere

New Arrival









Significance - Jo Mazelis
To be reviewed.  I was asked if I would consider this book for review by Seren Press.

Books Read
Calling Mrs Christmas - Carol Matthews 4*
The Pilot's Wife - Anita Shreve 5*

Current Reads
I am working my way through some poetry collections including:
The World's Wife  - Carol Ann Duffy
I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud... - Ana Sampson
My current read is:
Forgotten - Cat Patrick

My Musical Listens
REM - Around the Sun
The Best Rock Album in the World
Aderyn String Quartet
Santana - Beyond Appearances
Buffalo Springfield - Buffalo Springfield
Norah Jones - Come Away with Me
Paloma Faith - Perfect Contradiction
The Black Keys - Brothers

On TV
Downton Abbey
The Code
Grey's Anatomy 

Blog Book Plans
I will have some more words to share on Wondrous Words Wednesday.
A poem for Poetry Corner.
Monthly Round Up
One planned review which I hope to get in by the end of October.  Any more will be a bonus.
After the review read my next book choice will be whatever comes out of the book jar.

It is autumn half term this coming week which means the teen gets a week off college.  We have planned a day trip to Bristol during the week.

How was your week?




Blog Archive