Sunday, 19 October 2014

Sunday Post #10



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalise it! Include as much as you want or as little. Check out the rules of the meme.

Let's play catch up!  Here is 2 week's worth of Sunday Posts. It's suddenly got a bit hectic around here.  As you know we have been decorating and although there are still jobs to do like new doors, sanding and varnishing the woodblock floor and painting a radiator, the bulk of the painting has been done.  So, I had a mega clean up alongside all my usual tasks.  We did manage to visit friends for tea, get a couple of walks in, celebrate our wedding anniversary with a meal and film - Before I Go to Sleep.  I got together with friends for drinks and yesterday, I went to a couple of workshops on book making, self publishing and listened to author Penny Simpson read excerpts from her novels and short stories.

Posts on Booketta's Book Blog

Posts on my other blogs

Useful posts elsewhere in the Blogosphere
Jo at Writer's Block Admin Services talks about Images made simple
The Daily Post discusses Tips for better writing
Johanna Garth on Losing Sanity talks about the Blogging Quandary

Books Read
Ghost in the Machine - Ed James 4*
The Stepmother's Support Group - Sam Baker 3*

Books Abandoned
What Would Oprah Do? - Erin Emerson
Public Property - Mandy Baggot

Current Reads
I am working my way through some poetry collections including:
The World's Wife  - Carol Ann Duffy
I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud... - Ana Sampson
My current read is:
Calling Mrs Christmas - Carole Matthews

My Musical Listens
Joe Bonamassa - The Ballad of John Henry
Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
Martin Harley Band - Money Don't Matter
Paul Simon - Graceland
30 Seconds to Mars - A Beautiful Lie
Jack White - Lazaretto

On TV
Downton Abbey
The Code

Blog Book Plans
I am hoping to post a give-away for October.
I will have some more words to share on Wondrous Words Wednesday.
A poem for Poetry Corner.
No planned reviews but you never know I may sneak one in.
My next book choice will be whatever comes out of the book jar.

There are more events lined up similar to those I attended yesterday which I hope to get to this week.  The teen and I are planning a day together next weekend which may include either a theatre or cinema trip.

How was your week?


Blog Archive