Sunday, 28 September 2014

Sunday Post #8



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalise it! Include as much as you want or as little. Check out the rules of the meme.

Posts on Booketta's Book Blog
Sunday Post #7

Posts on my other blogs

Useful posts elsewhere in the Blogosphere
New Arrival













A Place of Execution - Val McDermid
This is the chosen book group read. I hoped to obtain a copy from the library but only one copy was listed and was lost.  I managed to get a copy through a seller on Rakuten Play.com.

Books Read
It Could Be Worse, You Could Be Me - Ariel Leve 4*

Current Reads
I am working my way through some poetry collections including:
The World's Wife  - Carol Ann Duffy
I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud... - Ana Sampson
My current read is:
A Place of Execution - Val McDermid

My Musical Listens
The Very Best of Cream
Bruce Springsteen - Working On a Dream
On vinyl:
Jethro Tull - Songs From the Wood 
Sad Cafe - Facade

On TV
Crimes of Passion
Downton Abbey
Cilla

My Week
We are still in the throes of decorating but a lot of the painting has been done so the hall and landing areas are looking a lot brighter.  We are waiting on a couple of tilers to get back to us with quotes for floor tiles in the porch and little room.  We have also done some more digging in the garden and planted some hebes and heathers in the front and back gardens.  On the social front I met some friends for a drink one evening, a nice catch up after a year of not seeing two of the girls.  Yesterday I walked through the parks to meet up with a couple of friends for breakfast.  We hadn't seen each other for a couple of years even though one lady lives a couple of roads away from me.  You can see some more park photos in the Saturday Snapshot link above.

Next Week
The OH and I are having a date night and going to the cinema to see Pride. I have heard good reports and I am looking forward to seeing the film.  My friend has a special birthday in a couple of weeks and we are going out for a meal to celebrate.  These are the girls I worked with many years ago, we all moved to this city around the same time and have kept in touch ever since.

Blog Book Plans
I will post a monthly round up of September's blog activity.
I will have some more words to share on Wondrous Words Wednesday.
A poem for Poetry Corner.
No planned reviews but you never know I may sneak one in.
My next book choice will be whatever comes out of the book jar.

What are you sharing with us today?


Blog Archive