Sunday, 14 September 2014

Sunday Post #6


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalise it! Include as much as you want or as little. Check out the rules of the meme.

Posts on Booketta's Book Blog
Sunday Post #5
My give-away winner was announced: Lainy from SMBSLT

Posts on my other blogs

Useful posts elsewhere in the Blogosphere

Books Read
New Moon - Stephanie Meyer 4*
Burning Bright - Tracy Chevalier 3*

Current Reads
I am working my way through some poetry collections including:
The World's Wife  - Carol Ann Duffy
I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud... - Ana Sampson
More Poetry Please - BBC Books
My current read is:
Tess of the D'Urbervilles - Thomas Hardy

My Musical Listens
Paul Simon - Graceland
Katie Melua - The House
The Kooks - Inside In/Inside Out

On TV
Crimes of Passion
Doctor Who

My Week
I had a fairly ordinary week with my regular Pilates class and usual stuff.  Both the teen and I had our hair done, the usual for me but the teen's was a bit more drastic.  She went for an undercut but has kept the rest of her hair long.  The hairdressers tried to dissuade her but she has been set on this style for some time.  I went on my last walk with the ramblers for a while and this was quite a big walk for me.  Only 8.7 miles but a rather steep climb up Fan Y Big in the Brecon Beacons.  You can see the photos in the link above. 

Next Week
Yoga commences for this term and I can't wait to get back to class.  Book group returns after summer break on a monthly basis and I am looking forward to hearing what the group have to say about our two reads: The Cuckoo's Calling - Robert Galbraith and Alys Always - Harriet Lane.  I am meeting a friend from my former writing class for coffee and a catch up.  I think I have been roped in for some envelope stuffing for the ramblers too

Blog Book Plans
I hope I will have some more words to share on Wondrous Words Wednesday.
A poem for Poetry Corner..
Review?  Watch this space!
My next book choice will be whatever comes out of the book jar.

What are you sharing with us today?

Blog Archive