Sunday, 31 August 2014

Sunday Post #4


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalise it! Include as much as you want or as little. Check out the rules of the meme.

Posts on Booketta's Book Blog


Current Reads
I am working my way through some poetry collections including:
The World's Wife  - Carol Ann Duffy
I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud... - Ana Sampson
More Poetry Please - BBC Books
My current read is:
Trash - Andy Mulligan

My Musical Listens
Forth - The Verve
Abraxas - Santana
Axis-Bold as Love - Jimi Hendrix
James Brown

On TV
Doctor Who (Episode 1)
I have to catch up with episode 2 and I shall also be catching up on the new Scandi-crime series Crimes of Passion.

My Week
As you know I lost a friend recently and it was her funeral on Friday.  We didn't go to the committal, just to the memorial service afterwards.  It was held in a local Methodist church and was very fitting for our friend.  It brought the group of school mum's together and as one friend said let's meet again before the next funeral.

Walks - The better half decided we should go blackberry picking again and we got a good crop this time.  Enough to do a trade for apples with friends but unfortunately, their apple crop was not good and we ended up buying some Bramley's from the supermarket.  Once again we took a walk with the ramblers along the sand dunes and sea shore, this was a 7 mile walk but advertised as 8 miles. Maybe he deducted a mile for the extra he added on last week. 

Decorating - We have started decorating our hall and landing.  First steps were to fill in any cracks in the plaster and now the other half is measuring, cutting and installing the coving.  We have bought the floor tiles to go in the porch and downstairs toilet which match quite closely with our kitchen floor.

Social - Being the social butterflies that we are, I jest here because we don't often have several events to attend in one week let alone one day.  But it just happened that Mr Booketta's cycling group had their BBQ on the same day as a friend from my writing group had her engagement party.  I had met two or three cyclists so I got to meet them all and Mr B had met two or three of the writers and got to meet more of my friends and their partners.  A small world as we discovered on chatting to a couple at the party that I briefly knew her mother from my old workplace.  We didn't get to the carnival to see my friend perform, the weather was so awful for an outdoor event but we got to see her sing some songs to the engaged couple last night.  Unfortunately, we couldn't manage to fit everything into one day so we didn't get to see the Red Arrows display.

Next Week
Pilates class is back on.  There are no more Bank holidays until Christmas so classes should run continuously until then.  The teen and I intend to trot along to the writing group we tried for the first time in August.  This group is slightly bigger and I think will be well attended as it is their second anniversary.  They have published an anthology which they will perform the following week.  We close the working week with a retrospective meal to celebrate both my husband's and his rambling and chess playing friend's birthday. There will be seven of us going to a small friendly restaurant where you can take your own drink.  The owner is known to my husband as he is also a member of the Ramblers.

Blog Book Plans
I hope I will have some more words to share on Wondrous Words Wednesday.
A poem for Poetry Corner
I hope to have a review of Trash by Andy Mulligan for you sometime this week.
I am long overdue to do a give-away so I may get organised enough to do that during the week ahead.
My next book choice will be whatever comes out of the book jar.

Did you have a good week?



Blog Archive