Sunday, 24 August 2014

Sunday Post #3


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalise it! Include as much as you want or as little. Check out the rules of the meme.

Posts on Booketta's Book Blog

Posts on my other blogs

Useful posts elsewhere in the Blogosphere

Books Read
The Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follett (not reviewed) 3*

Current Reads
I am working my way through some poetry collections including:
The World's Wife  - Carol Ann Duffy
I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud... - Ana Sampson
More Poetry Please - BBC Books
My current read is:
Hearts of Gold - Catrin Collier

My Week
You may remember I received news of a friend who was terminally ill.  Sadly to say I later learnt of her passing.  My husband and I shall be attending her funeral later on this week.

Pilates class  - No class this coming week due to a Bank Holiday in the UK (except Scotland).  Last week's class wasn't quite so busy and I returned feeling stretched and toned.

Writing group - I met up with friends from my old writing class for an afternoon chat over coffee.  Some of the group still go to classes run by the same tutor but in a different venue.  One friend is a songwriter and has formed a small band.

Walks - The better half is a regular rambler and most weeks he goes on long walks up hill and down dale.  I decided to go along this week and he kindly lowered his walking standard to accompany me on a 'C' grade walk at a leisurely pace.  What was advertised as a 7 mile walk turned into a 10 mile walk.  It was nice to discover new paths and rights of way locally.  I took myself for a local stroll yesterday taking in some shops looking for an item of clothing.  It was a successful trip.  The OH had gone for a cycle ride and I had nothing better to do after finishing my chores.

Coffees - I mentioned the writing group meet above.  The OH and I grabbed our weekly coffee at our regular haunt and as quite often we bumped into people we knew catching up on their lives.

Next Week
Weather permitting we are hoping to see my friend perform with her small band at a carnival.  I hope to get to meet with a social group from the OU for a drink.  On a sad note we have a funeral to attend.  The following day will be busy with attending a Red Arrows display where I shall try and get some photographic shots, a BBQ and an engagement party.

Blog Book Plans
I hope I will have some more words to share on Wondrous Words Wednesday.
A poem for Poetry Corner
Again no planned book reviews but watch this space.
My next book choice will be whatever comes out of the book jar.

Did you have a good week?


Blog Archive