Sunday, 17 August 2014

Sunday Post #2


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalise it! Include as much as you want or as little. Check out the rules of the meme.

Posts
Last Sunday I made my very first contribution to The Sunday Post meme.
Last Friday Poetry Corner

Books Read
Can't Wait to Get to Heaven - Fannie Flagg - not reviewed 5*

Current Reads
I am working my way through some poetry collections including:
The World's Wife  - Carol Ann Duffy
I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud... - Ana Sampson
More Poetry Please - BBC Books
My current read is:
Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follett

My Week
Well, it has certainly been a week.  In the media we were greeted with the sad news of the death of Robin Williams which shook the nation and the following day we learnt about Lauren Bacall, although rather more expected at her age.

On a personal note a friend informed us that her father in law had sadly passed away but this morning I was greeted with more shocking news that a friend is very poorly in a hospice with a few days left.  Today although I have been getting on with household and garden chores I am trying not to feel maudlin and don't want to dwell on this too much in this post.  I shall move onto the more positive aspects of my week such as my teen passing her exams and being able to make her choices for University next year.

Pilates class  - I went to class and our regular teacher was back in charge.

Writing group - My daughter and I joined a writing group which meets once or twice a month.  We had fun with some unusual prompts and are keen to make this a regular activity.

Coffees - I met up with a couple of friends from my old photography class for a chat at a local Arts Centre.  I also met up with my friend who brought her daughter along to show me the baby, I also got a cuddle.  

Yoga - My usual class has stopped for the holiday and I found a class still running so I went along on Friday.  I have done yoga on and off for many years so it was not completely new to me but quite different from my regular class.  Having found this class to fill the gap I learnt they are having a two week holiday.

Strolls - A bit more than a stroll OH and I did a 5.5 mile walk yesterday through some lovely countryside.  We stopped at a pub by the river before heading for the nearest town to have a meander and a coffee.

Next week
I have plans to meet up with my old writing group.  Pilates tomorrow and hopefully the OH and I will get a walk or two in during the week.  

Blog Book Plans
I hope I will have some more words to share on Wondrous Words Wednesday.
A poem for Poetry Corner
Again no planned book reviews but watch this space because I may make a post.
My next book choice will be whatever comes out of the book jar.

How was your week?

Blog Archive