Friday, 31 January 2014

It's A Wrap - End of Month Round Up

Time of the month!  Got you interested?  Yes it is that time when us book reviewers recap over our reads of the month.  This has been a slow month for me in reading which may seem unusual when it is cold and wet. The sort of weather when sitting by the fireside cosied up with a hot cuppa and a good book is a likely option.  I can't blame it on the knitting or sewing either.

Post Stats
Book Reviews = 4
Posts about Incoming Books = 4
Author Spotlight = 1
A Brand New Year (No resolutions) = 1

Books Read and Reviewed
Romancing the Soul - Sarah Tranter 3*
Dark Horse: How Challenger Companies Rise to Prominence - Dan Mack 4*
The Strange Case of Dr Terry and Mr Chimes - Terry Chimes 4*
Once Upon a Timepiece - Starr Wood 5*

Books Read and Not Reviewed
A Patchwork Planet - Anne Tyler 2* (Book group read and no time to review)
Men I've Loved Before - Adele Parks (Unfinished)

Winner
Once Upon a Timepiece - Starr Wood

Loser
Men I've Loved Before - Adele Parks

I was pleased to accept Author Jamie Baywood's request to shine the spotlight on her in January.

I posted about the books that came into my home including wins and freebies.  I won 12 books (7 eBooks and 5 tree books).  I received 3 books for review of which 2 were eBooks.  I borrowed one book from my local library and downloaded 42 freebies.

What are you likely to see on the blog in February?
I am currently reading Remarkable Creatures - Tracy Chevalier for discussion at book group next week.  I am hoping to find the time to post a review on this one, although it is not essential.  I have two promised reviews for The Cry of the Loon - Christopher Morris and The Englishman - Helena Halme.  I will be posting about my incoming books as usual and the way I am currently collecting them this will be a weekly event.

What are your reading and reviewing plans for February?







Blog Archive