Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Annual Review: 2013 in Books

As 2013 draws to a close I can post my annual update.  I read 94 books and reviewed 41 of them.  There's quite an imbalance but I took a back seat during the first half of the year.  I wanted to try and tackle my TBR and I felt a bit burnt out so needed that time out.  Once I had got my fill of holidays I was ready to go and picked up for the latter half of the year.

Best of 2013
The Fifth Witness - Michael Connelly
South Riding - Winifred Holtby
Sepulchre - Kate Mosse
The Girl Who Played with Fire - Stieg Larsson
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson
The Valentine Present and Other Diabolical Liberties - Lynda Renham
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Schaffer and Annie Barrows
Just Add Spice - Carol E Wyer
The Room Beyond - Stephanie Elmas
The Sea House - Esther Freud

Not Cutting the Mustard
The Tide Breaker - Sonya Watson
Lucky Jim - Kingsley Amis
The Last year of Being Single - Sarah Tucker

Each month I posted an end of month wrap and I regularly made the weekly incoming posts.  I held a book swap for Oxfam's International Women's Day and once again participated as a giver on World Book Night.

I was honoured to host some fabulous authors on my blog.
Lynda Renham
Carol E Wyer
Nicky Wells

I introduced a new video book blogger FloraTellsIt.

Other features included Harper's Bazaar launching their new writing competition.  I attended my first book launch which was held locally featuring Welsh writer Romy Wood.  I took part in the Safkhet Publishing Book tour where I featured author Carol E Wyer.  I was also a recipient of two awards Sunshine and Shine On.

I hosted give-aways some kindly supplied by authors and some 'PreLoved'.

PS. I forgot to add that I made an appearance on Dizzy C's Festive Fun post, it was an honour to be featured - a first for me.

What does 2014 hold for me in books?

I am currently reading the chosen book group read which I will review in January.  I have some author reviews to complete and I will be shining the spotlight on Author Jamie Baywood in January too.  I have been asked to review for Choc Lit on a monthly basis.  I have plans for the year but how that will impact on my 'blogging world' I don't know yet.  However, I am hoping to continue to review even if I manage two books a month.  I have decided not to take part in World Book Night this year or host a book swap for charity.  Both these events fall in March/April when I look to be getting a little busier.  I will still be here so do keep a check on what's happening on Booketta's Book Blog.

In the meantime I would like to thank the wonderful authors who have graced this blog with their presence and to my book blogging friends who lent their support during this year.  You know who you are, well I hope you do!  Thank for those re-tweets, shares and comments and for taking part in my competitions.

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year 2014!

Blog Archive