Saturday, 21 September 2013

Library Loot and some Surprise Freebies

If you read my post last week you will know I was hosting book group this week.  I had ordered quite a few books from the library.  We are allowed to take out up to fifteen books for a three week period.  You would have to go some with the reading to get through them all!  This week another five came into my local branch.

Library Loot for the book group mix:
The Snow Child - Eowyn Ivey
Crimson China - Betsy Tobin
A Possible Life - Sebastian Faulks (the chosen read for September/October)
The Racketeer - John Grisham (No 2 son is going to read this one)
The Kingmaker's Daughter - Philippa Gregory (I will read this while I have the copy)

One of my friends and book group member runs a book swap library at my former workplace.  She had some WBN books leftover which she offered to the group.  I think we all benefited, there were only two I hadn't read.

WBN Books
Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? - Jeanette Winterson
Noughts and Crosses - Malorie Blackman



I ended up putting all the library books mentioned above in the mix although I toyed with leaving out The Snow Child.

We discussed The Black Rose of Florence - Michele Giutari which I reviewed here.

I am still ploughing through The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams (a four part trilogy).  Make of that what you will - Douglas Adams style!  It is quite a thick book but easy to read and has been sat on my TBR for some time.  I thought it was about time I returned it to No 2 son :)

Have you had a busy week buying or borrowing books?

Blog Archive