Sunday, 29 September 2013

Charity shops and Car Boot Sales

This week is all about charity shops, vintage and craft fairs and a car boot sale.  The better half and I ventured to some nice charity shops in another town on the other side of our city and I picked up a couple of books for a total of £2.   I also snagged a rather nice Fat Face blouse for £7.50 in Tenovus.  This outing was part of a trip to take a look at a castle ruin which we discovered through a friend having recently visited the site.  On our way home we stopped off in Tesco for some shopping and took a look at the clothes there.  I have to admit I hate supermarket clothes.  I think for office wear you could pick something up quite reasonably priced but there was nothing I liked even if the price was right.  I deliberately avoided the book section!


The Devil's Star - Jo Nesbo (50p in The Dog's Trust)
The Photograph - Penelope Lively (£1.50 in Tenovus)

Yesterday we visited a Vintage and Craft Fair which is a regular event every couple of months hosted by PedalPower, a local cycle charity.  There was a mix of craft stalls including baby items, bags, jewellery, needle cases, pin cushions, scarves, cards etc  plus some nice vintage stalls.  There weren't any books I wanted but I did pick up some vintage handkerchiefs for £3.

Today, I broke my late Sunday sleeping in habit to get myself up and ready to attend a car boot sale as a buyer.  OH decided to come with me, so we packed his bicycle in the boot ready for him to head off on his 40 mile ride direct from the boot sale.  I picked up three books for a total of £1.20 and a nice Monsoon silk blouse for £3.


Call the Midwife - Jennifer Worth (20p)
The Thread - Victoria Hislop
Keeping Faith - Jodi Picoult (both £1)

How was your week in books?

Blog Archive