Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Book Review: This Is A Love Story - Jessica Thompson

Synopsis - Boy meets girl and girl falls for boy - that much is true.  But when Sienna meets Nick it's not the way it happens in love stories.  It's because of a squirrel on water skis...

She sees Nick's dangerous brown eyes and thinks, don't fall into them.

Who will be there to catch Sienna when she falls?  She is so fragile.  She has so many secrets, and he is not that serious.

Review - I won this book last year from a competition on Book-Love-Bug blog.  I have only just now got around to reading it myself, after lending it to my daughter who loved it so much she has asked me if she can keep it.  I did ask her if she would like to write a review but with exams it didn't happen.

My girl was right about this book.  It is indeed a lovely story, poignant, funny and sad, providing a roller coaster of emotions for the reader.  Do they?  Don't they? Will they?  Won't they?  Why can't they take the plunge and tell each other how they feel?  Best friends with feelings which go a lot further.  Of course, if it didn't take so long for them to get together we wouldn't have such a good story.  Both my daughter and I loved the strong characters.  Sienna is the girl we all want to be beautiful, caring, loving and doing what she can to help those in need.  Nick is funny, a prankster, the office joker and is fit.  Nick is scared to commit having been cheated on in previous relationships and Sienna, vulnerable, just doesn't get the right guys.  Along comes Nick and a friendship built to last.

My daughter has already lent the book to friends, a recommendation for her age group, YA readers.  It's a story that appeals to all ages.  4*

ISBN: 978-1-444-73421-8 Published by Coronet

Blog Archive