Saturday, 23 March 2013

Sunshine Award

Don't we need a little bit of sunshine to brighten up these cold wintry days?  

Guess what!  I got my little ray of sunshine today.  

A big thank you to Jo from Jaffareadstoo... for sending this award to me.


To tell you a bit about this award:

The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers.  The recipients are "bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere".

The way the award works is this: on your blog, thank the person who gave you the award, and link back to them.  Then answer 10 questions about yourself (see below). 

Finally, select up to 10 of your favourite bloggers, link their blogs to your post, and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award.

10 Questions:
1.  What inspired you to start blogging?
2.  How did you come up with the name of your blog?
3.  What is your favourite blog that you like to read?
4.  What would be your dream job?
5.  If you could spend a day with eight authors discussing novels as a group, who would you invite (past or present authors)?
6.  What is your favourite place to travel?
7.  What is your favourite book out of all the books you have read?
8.  What was your favourite book as a child and how did it influence your choice in books today?
9.  How much time do you spend blogging?
10.What would you say to your favourite authors if you got the chance?

What inspired you to start blogging?
I guess it was when I started to read blogs for book reviews and recommendations.  I liked discussing books which I did within the book group I co-set up and was a member at the time.  So I thought why not take this further and post my reviews on a blog.

How did you come up with the name of your blog?
I had set up an account on one book site as 'avidread' but when it came to logging onto other sites this name had been used up.  I decided on Booketta as I had my nose in a book during any spare moments I had.  I thought I would use that name in the blog title as I was already using it nearly everywhere else.

What is your favourite blog that you like to read?
Now that is a difficult one as there are so many good blogs out there.  Far too many to mention.

What would be your dream job?
In a past life a ballerina.  Now, I wouldn't mind working in a library or a bookshop.  Think how I could spend my day browsing, buying, borrowing, touching and smelling all those books.  Ha-ha! I wouldn't get the job done!

If you could spend a day with eight authors discussing novels as a group, who would you invite (past or present authors)?
Jane Austen, JK Rowling, Sebastian Faulks, Charles Dickens, Dan Brown, Daphne du Maurier, Paul Coelho and Joanne Harris.

What is your favourite place to travel?
Europe

What is your favourite book out of all the books you have read?
Pride and Prejudice.  Hmm!  I wonder if Colin Firth in a wet shirt has anything to do with that answer!!!!

What was your favourite book as a child and how did it influence your choice in books today?
I'm not sure a particular book influenced my reading choices.  I was encouraged to read a lot: Winnie the Pooh, Enid Blyton, Heidi, Alice in Wonderland and the usual classics.

How much time do you spend blogging?
Not so much this year.  It's sporadic depending on time and other projects.

What would you say to your favourite authors if you got the chance?
Carry on writing!

My Sunshine Award nominations go to:
















Blog Archive