Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Review of 2012

That's 2012 over and done with and I read a lot of books last year totalling 114 read and reviewed but that does not include any read and not reviewed.  In this post I will list my favourite reads worthy of 5* and those that didn't cut the mustard.  The balance does not look good but I read many books worthy of 3* and 4*, it really has been a good year.

Best of the Best 2012
Leaving the World - Douglas Kennedy
Mansfield Park - Jane Austen
My Life So Far - Jane Fonda
Goodnight Beautiful - Dorothy Koomson
The Last Empress - Anchee Min
Croissants and Jam - Lynda Renham (review request)

Not Cutting the Mustard
Corpalism - Arun D Ellis
The Secret of the Scarlet Stone - TL Clarke
Bleeding Hearts - Ash Krafton
Love Unfinished - Darian Wilk
Diamond Heart - Ann Mayburn
Brethren Beginnings - Deena Remiel
Remember Her Eyes - Beth Muscat
Lipstick & Jazz - Leonore Elliott
Incubus Hunter - Kenya Wright
Circles Interlocked - Victoria Adams
Pike's Quest - KJ Bennett
Puffball - Fay Weldon
Pigeon English - Stephen Kelman

I posted end of month wraps and look ahead columns. I mentioned books that came into my home on a fairly regular basis.  I also took part in Follow Friday for a short while.  I held a Book Swap for Oxfam's International Women's Day in March and I was a giver on World Book Night.

Interviews with Guest Authors and Bloggers
Authors
Chika Onyenezi
Mike Meyer
Mark Ruckledge
Lynda Renham
Jo Michaels
Eugenia O'Neal

Bloggers
Jesse Owen
Natalie Hillier
Susi Sunshine
Jo Barton
Vicky
Lindsay Healey

A big thank you to you all for guesting on my blog in 2012 :)

I hosted give-aways some kindly supplied by authors and some 'Pre-Loved'.

What do I expect to achieve in 2013 with regard to reading and reviews?

Well, I have three more books to read and review and I will be reading monthly book group choices.  I have decided to cut back on review requests for now so I can finally tackle my ever increasing physical and virtual TBR's.  Due to foreseeable time constraints this will mean a cutback on reviews.  However, if I feel a book is worth reviewing or it is new on the scene then I will prioritise and make time to post.  I may host the occasional give-away, most likely 'pre-loved'.  I am unlikely to host any guest interviews in the foreseeable future.  I will keep the blog running for now until I get a clearer picture of how things pan out and can make a decision either way.

I will host a book swap for Oxfam again in March in my home and I have applied to be a giver for World Book Night once again.

Was 2012 a good year in books for you?  What are your plans for 2013?





Blog Archive