Thursday, 31 January 2013

It's A Wrap - End of the Month Round Up

Not a lot has happened on the blog during the month of January, as you may well have noticed.  I am currently not accepting review requests to enable me to do my very own 'readathon' in making Mr B happy by substantially reducing my TBR.  This fills a bookcase (notice I did say "a bookcase"), which is not a lot by many folks standards.  The bookcase does have several double rows of books which does make it hard to find anything, it is a task in need.  Secretly, I believe Mr B thinks that he will be able to use the bookcase for something else!  Not likely, I am sure it will soon refill itself 'winks'.

I have read 8 books this month and reviewed 2 of them.

Reviewed
Paradox #3: Bound By Love - Patti Roberts 4*
Nobody's Damsel (Book 2) - EM Tippetts 4*

Books Read (Not Reviewed)
The Tide Breaker - Sonya Watson
One Good Turn - Kate Atkinson
The Fifth Witness - Michael Connelly (Book Group choice)
Heartburn - Nora Ephron
Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus - John Gray
South Riding - Winifred Holtby
Remember Me ? - Sophie Kinsella (currently reading)

Winners  5* reads
The Fifth Witness - Michael Connelly
South Riding - Winifred Holtby

Losers
The Tide Breaker - Sonya Watson

I am not planning my reading for the month ahead as I will select whatever takes my fancy from my shelves or e-shelf.  There will be a new choice for book group in February too.

Incoming
I did have some new arrivals this month but I did not make a post on the blog.  Here's what I got:
The Fifth Witness - Michael Connelly (charity shop)
The Detour - Gerbrand Bakker
The Balloonist - Macdonald Harris
Intermission - Owen Martell
The West Rand Jive Cats Boxing Club - Lauren Liebenberg
The People Of Forever Are Not Afraid - Shani Boianjiu (All complimentary copies from a website)
The Greatcoat - Helen Dunmore (Bookcrossing)

Future Plans
Once again, I will host a book swapping event in aid of Oxfam's International Women's Day.  I will be planning and don't all faint at once, I may make some bunting for it.  The event will be at home but I intend making it pretty and once again serving some home made cakes.

I have applied to be a giver on World Book Night this year, having enjoyed being involved for the first time in 2012.

Did you have a good month in books?






Blog Archive