Sunday, 18 November 2012

Book Review: Last Stand In A Dead Land - Eric S Brown

Synopsis - A small band of survivors are on the run during the zombie apocalypse.  Led by a mysterious man with an arsenal of deadly military weapons, they must work together to stay alive.  In a desperate attempt to locate other survivors, they find sanctuary in a lone farmhouse, only to discover the surrounding woods hold more dangers than just bloodthirsty undead.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Review - Just as I had decided I liked this story, it took a twisty turn and by the end I had changed my mind.  It is still a good book in terms of storyline, characters and a quick paced plot.  There were quite a few typos which did get on my nerves somewhat.  Once again, my plea to authors is to ensure their drafts are proof read meticulously.  I can't say that any of the characters are particularly likeable, but there are a couple of feisty female in there.  Thomas the farmer, the last person they meet on the run is the most likeable of the male cast.  Why did I end up not liking the story?  The ending.  I like to have a clean and tidy finale.  The epilogue left it all a bit messy for me and I felt it was an unnecessary addition.  3*

Kindle edition: ASIN: B005WLIG6W

Blog Archive