Wednesday, 5 September 2012

It's A Wrap - Monthly Round Up and Look Ahead

Well, that's summer over awfully quick and not much sun either.  Don't you feel just a bit diddled?  Or were you lucky enough to go further afield and soak up some sun elsewhere?  However, September has started off very nicely, just in time for the children to return to school - timing!

Books Read and Reviewed
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay - Michael Chabon 4*
Hot Chocolate - Dawn Ireland (e-book) 2.5*
Goodnight Beautiful - Dorothy Koomson 5*
Ghosts of Rosewood Asylum - Stephen Prosapio (e-book) 4*
Light On Snow - Anita Shreve 4*
The Necro Device - MT Dismuke (e-book) 4*
My Life So Far - Jane Fonda 5*

I also posted about new books which came into my home in August.

Look Ahead
Incubus Hunter - Kenya Wright (e-book) - Read but not being reviewed.
Mansfield Park - Jane Austen - currently reading and review coming soon.
Sojourner Book 1 - Maria Rachel Hooley  (e-book)
September's Reading Group choice
Other books from my review schedule and TBR
I am still plugging through one of my books on photography and I hope that I will soon be able to have a review on The Photographer's Eye by Michael Freeman.  It's taking a while because I am trying to practise some of the suggestions/advice in the book.

I have decided to put the author and blogger interviews on hold indefinitely as I have taken on more activities  (outside of the blogosphere) and cannot fit everything in without getting seriously behind on promised reviews.  I do want to get more involved in reviewing for various book companies and websites, therefore I need to spend more time on the actual book reviews themselves.  I hope to be able to run some give-aways but they will not be scheduled for any particular event.  I have enjoyed interviewing people and love to read their answers to my questions, I have met some wonderful, interesting folk with whom I would like to maintain contact.

I hasten to add that I am going to continue this blog and review regularly, it is just the extras that I am cutting back on.

Have a good September reading and reviewing!


Blog Archive