Monday, 27 August 2012

Book Review: The Necro Device: Rise Of Mandiev - MT Dismuke

Synopsis - John and Mary Hilt are hired to restore the Mandiev mansion isolated between four surrounding towns.  In the past, the Mandiev brothers had a fatal accident which killed hundreds of local citizens.  The event marks the beginning of a deadly device that will control its creator and affect the community for years to come.  Mary Hilt will unlock the madness that spawned from its awakening.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Review - On reading the first chapter, I thought this is going to be good.   Next, I proceed to the following couple of chapters and I have that sinking feeling, that I am going to be disappointed.  It was the dialogue between the family, I found it grating and this was a bit of a let down all the way through the book.  Having a teenager myself I could relate to the scenario although Felicia was at the worst end of the spectrum in being difficult, provocative and downright obnoxious.  Once the story got underway and the plot unfolded, the story came into its own and I found myself enthralled waiting to see what would happen next.  I certainly was not disappointed.  A fairly complex scenario once all the characters were introduced, but it wasn't a problem keeping track of who was who and where and how they fitted in.  Good characterisations, you knew who you liked and didn't like.  Some downright sinister situations and a wonderful twist at the end.  If you like creepy, then this is one book for you.  4*
Kindle - ASIN: B007W2S3AS

Blog Archive