Thursday, 23 August 2012

Book Review: Ghosts Of Rosewood Asylum - Stephen Prosapio

Synopsis - Zach Kalusky, host of Sci-D TV's Xavier Paranormal Investigators, is ecstatic when he's given the opportunity to explore the most haunted site in Chicago for a Halloween special: Rosewood Asylum, a place long made off-limits by the local government, plagued by decades of mysterious fires and unexplained events.  It's Zach's dream investigation - but there's a catch: the network forces Xavier Paranormal Investigators to partner with the more dramatic-but less ethical-Demon Hunters.  Now, Zach must fight for both his show's integrity and his team's loyalty while trying to protect his own secret: that he, himself, is possessed.  (Taken from Goodreads).

Review - I am not sure if I won this e-book from a competition or if it was free on Amazon for a few days, however, it was recommended through a notification or blog.  By whatever means I came by it I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I wasn't sure if it would be for me, as I don't do too scary but it wasn't creepy and it didn't have me hiding under the covers.  Yes, I am a visual reader and often imagine the scenario, I had a picture of Zach and his team and the author conjured clear images of his 'ghosts'.  I liked the storyline and the writing.  Great plot with well thought out scenarios and believable characterisations.  The story flowed from beginning to end.  I will certainly be looking out for the next book.  4*
Available on Kindle ASIN: B008KWVPZO

Blog Archive