Monday, 6 February 2012

Guest Blogger of the Month - Natalie Hillier

Today I would like to welcome Natalie Hillier from Purple Jelly Bean Chair Reviews to my blog.


Natalie I am honoured to have you over here today.  Natalie's blog can be found here: Purple Jelly Bean Chair Reviews I urge you to check it out.  Natalie is a member of Enchanting Book Tours

You are obsessed with reading.  Have you always loved reading since childhood?

LOL, oh absolutely obsessed with reading.  I have always loved reading since I can remember being old enough to hold a book.

Were there any particular books or authors who captured your interest?

V.C.Andrews was my first real cross over series into teenage years, I have loved her ever since.  Stephen King, Beatrice Small, Philippa Gregory and Christine Feehan, I love her books, she got me interested in Paranormal Romance.

You have listed quite a few genres that you accept for review.  Is there a particular favourite genre over and above anything else you like to read?

I love to read just about anything I can get my hands on lol, but my most favourite genres would be anything Paranormal and Historical/Historical Romance, but I read anything and everything.

On your profile I read YA author, writer and novelist.  Have you any published works or are there any works in progress?

I haven't published anything yet, but I do have a small book in progress right now.  I am writing a true story about my father, he was hurt and sick all my life, he was hurt when I was 9 months old.  I am telling his/our story.  I am hoping to have it out in a few months.

You have been blogging and reviewing books for some time now.  Are there any tips or words of advice you would pass on to new and upcoming book blogger/reviewers?

I would have to say first and foremost have fun, be honest but don't be harsh when writing your review, an author puts their heart and soul into the books they write I don't feel its right to trash their book if you don't like it.  If you absolutely don't like it and if you feel you're going to give it a bad review, tell the author you just can't review it, one bad review can make or break an author.  

Do you have a day job?  Many book reviewers in the blogosphere aren't paid, I am hazarding a guess your blog is a labour of love.

I have a day job, I'm an Admin Assistant, and your right my blog is a labour of love, I have only been doing this for a year now.  I didn't even know the world of book review blogging even existed until I stumbled upon a blog and it just took off from there.  I'm so glad because now I get the chance to read so many new books I would have never found.  I get to meet so many wonderful new people from all over the world and talk to some of my favourite authors, it's so much fun.

You mention 3 'fur' kids.  What pets do you have?

I have a large yellow lab, he is now 13, and I have two black cats, Jacob and Bubba.  Jake is 10 and Bubba is just 3 and he is sooooo bad lol, but so cute which gets him out of trouble all the time :)

You live in Nova Scotia which looks beautiful to me.  It has quite a history and sport is an important part of its culture, I read hockey in particular.  Do you play any sport?

LOL! I used to play volley ball and was on the Track and Field team when I was younger.  I'm too old for that now lol, but I do like to watch the Hockey Playoffs.  I love living in Nova Scotia, it is very beautiful here and I couldn't imagine being in any place else, it's down to earth, very peaceful.

Apart from reading, how do you spend your downtime?

Apart from reading, when I'm not blogging lol, I love music any kind really, and I love spending time with my amazing boyfriend, and hanging out with my 16 & 20 year old sons.  I know you wouldn't think at that  age they would want to hang out with their mom, but really they do, we like to go bargain hunting and flea markets, swimming or just hang out at the park for a bit when they're not working or in school.

Music - any hot recommends?

Oh Lady Gaga is my favourite for sure, but I also like Blues , and some classical.

Thank you for sparing your time and being my guest on the blog this month from the blogging community.

Thank you so much for having me today, I had a ton of fun being with you today.


Blog Archive