Wednesday, 1 February 2012

Book Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J K Rowling

Synopsis - Harry has been burdened with a dark, dangerous and seemingly impossible task: that of locating and destroying Voldemort's remaining Horcruxes.  Never has Harry felt so alone, or faced a future so full of shadows.  But Harry must somehow find within himself the strength to complete the task he has been given.  He must leave the warmth, safety, and companionship of The Burrow and follow without fear or hesitation the inexorable path laid out for him...

Review - Yay!  I have completed the series.  Okay, it took me a couple of years because I like to vary my reading.  How I did enjoy these books.  There are seemingly no limits to Ms Rowling's imagination.  In terms of setting, I prefer the other books which are mainly centred at Hogwarts but that is just my personal preference.  This book was different as it mainly focussed on the threesome, Harry, Hermione and Ron with support leant by Harry's faithful protectors and friends.  However, in terms of writing, action, pace and characterisation this book is not inferior in any way.  A lot of questions were answered in this book.  Whose side was Snape really on?  What was Dumbledore really trying to achieve and how much input did he have in obtaining his goal through Harry?  I was pleased that Harry was able to 'see' the prediction.  I also liked the fact that Ms Rowling has not completely closed the story.  Although Harry Potter's tale has ended at Hogwarts, the possibility is there to continue in other ways if desired.  4*

Blog Archive