Sunday, 15 January 2012

Book Review: Pinnacle Nucflash - Hector Corsi

SynopsisA devious unknown enemy inflicts the United States with vicious attacks that leave it vulnerable to an even more twisted plot. After seemingly locating the enemy, threat after threat emerges, as the President tries to discover who is really responsible for the unimaginable. Who can he count on? This short story shows how events currently under way, and some that have already occurred, are compromising the security of the United States, and of the world, with a threat that's more real than you can ever imagine. A shocking end...  (Taken from Goodreads)


Review - I won this e-book from LibraryThing Members Give-away.  It is a short story but even so, I was surprised just how short a story - 16 pages.  I am not sure if the author was giving a taster of more to come in the future or doing some market research.   As with all short stories it plunged right in but I didn't really have a great sense of scene setting and the ending was rather abrupt and I thought  - is that it?  It appeared the writer was trying to pack too much information into a very short space and I found it quite muddling.  I found the idea interesting and this story could definitely have been developed further into a much more rounded novel.  I don't know if Mr Corsi has this in mind for the future.  2*

Blog Archive