In addition to this interview I am hosting a give-away:
One e-book of Paradox: The Angels Are Here - Book 1
The rules of the competition will be outlined at the end of the post.
1. Who or what inspired you to write?
A broken heart actually :) And now, having found something [writing] that I enjoy doing so much. Every cloud really does have a silver lining! The end of the relationship most certainly paved the way for my new writing career, and I couldn't be happier and more fulfilled than I am right now.
2. Paradox: The Angels Are Here - Book 1 is your début novel. What writing experience had you gained before deciding to write the series?
Absolutely none. Other than many hours of reading.
3. You have written Books 1 and 2 (Paradox: The Progeny of Innocence) and Book 3 will be published late next year. Are you planning more books in the series?
I will definitely be able to answer that question at the completion of book 3. However, having said that, I would love there to be many more books to follow should the series warrant it and especially if the readers want more!
4. Who or what inspired you to write the books about Angels? Do you have specific beliefs?
I have always wondered, as I'm sure many people do, if there is an afterlife. What happens to our souls after we have died? If there are beings, good and bad, that interacts with our lives here on earth. I also love the possibilities of ancient worlds, miracles, myths and legends. I want to believe...
5. You mention that writing was a therapeutic way for you to mend a broken heart. In relation to the question above, did this have any influence on your choice to write a book about Angels?
I have this saying: if you have never suffered a broken heart, then you have never really known what it is to be truly alive. And at that precise moment, when your heart breaks, all you want to do is lie down and die. At times like that you want to believe there is something out there that you can hold onto to get you through another day. A Guardian Angel if you like that can take your hand and put you back on the right path.
6. You have published some musical video links on both your blog and website which include songs from The Rasmus amongst other artists. Why those particular tracks? Are they your favourite artists or did the songs feel appropriate to the theme of the books?
These are my favourite artists now! I found them when I was searching for musical inspiration and those particular songs related to the story beautifully.
7. You have written a non-fiction, spiritual book titled I Believe (eBook) available on Smashwords published October 2011. This has not been given as much publicity as The Paradox Series. Why not?
I have only just started to compile the information for I Believe which is an assortment of other people's stories and beliefs. I'm not writing the stories myself but am rather giving others the opportunity to have their true stories and beliefs published. Therefore I Believe will always be a free downloadable eBook which is constantly being updated as new stories become available. Eventually, when there are a suitable amount of stories I will go ahead and publish the book in paperback at a minimal price to cover time and costs.
8. Do you have a favourite genre that you like to read?
I love paranormal and fantasy. I love myth, legends and realms outside of our own. I love escaping into other worldly places.
9. What other interests or activities do you enjoy?
I love reading, watching my favourite movies, television shows, spending time with family and friends and ... a great game of chess.
10. Finally, for fun. Music - what is your current listen?
Recently I have been listening to Two Steps From Hell. Now that really is some great inspiration music. Big music! The type of music you hear in the movies during epic battle scenes to mystical moments...Such in particular, the group's music has been used in trailers for such films as Harry Potter, Star Trek, the Dark Knight, Avatar, 2012, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, Inception, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and Prince of Persia, as well as television shows Games of Thrones and Blue Mountain State. I'm also loving Ramin Djawardi the German composer of the Game of Thrones theme song in season 1.
Thank you Patti for sparing your time and being a guest author on my blog.
Book Trailer (2nd edition) Paradox - Progeny of Innocence
Available November 2011
One e-copy of Paradox: The Angels Are Here - Book 1
by Patti Roberts