Monday, 6 June 2011

Catching Up - Round Up and Look Ahead

I'm back in the hot seat after a week away in windy and sunny West Wales.  I took plenty of reading material with me but only managed seven chapters of Human Traces by Sebastian Faulks.  Mind you, it is a tome, but good so far!

May's Round Up
The Lacuna - Barbara Kingsolver 3*
Me Cheeta - James Lever 2*
In A Strange Room - Damon Galgut 3*
The Winter Ghosts - Kate Mosse 4*
The Silent State - Heather Brooke 4*
Cutting for Stone - Abraham Verghese 5*
The Loop - Nicholas Evans 4*
Trust in Advertising - Victoria Michaels 3*
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - John Berendt 2*
Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend - Jenny Colgan 3*

I did not stick to my predicted list after the essentials, when I got to the TBR.  I don't think too much planning really works for me.

June's Reads
Human Traces - Sebastian Faulks (currently reading)
Love in a Cold Climate and Other Stories by Nancy Mitford (Book Group)
Look at Flower (e-book for LibraryThing Early Reviewers)
Book Circle read - not to be disclosed
Start a dent in the TBR - random choices

Buys
Last week we popped into The Works where there was an offer 3 books for £5.  The girl bought two and I bought: Sacred Hearts - Sarah Dunant

I have a busy week ahead with lots to catch up on, so it will be a while before my next review.  In the meantime, Happy Reading folks!

Blog Archive