Sunday, 1 May 2011

Round Up

No, not the weed killer variety!  This is my first round up of the previous month's reads and reviews.

April went something like this:


I'm still reading The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver which will come up for review in May.

The Temple-Goers  - Aatish Taseer 3/5 - Library
The Magicians - Lev Grossman 4/5 - RISI swap (http://www.readitswapit.co.uk) for book group.
The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver 4/5 - Library
Evil Genius - Patricia Rice 3/5 - Early reviewers e-book for (http://www.librarything.com)
Winterton Blue - Trezza Azzopardi 2/5 - Library
Noah's Compass - Anne Tyler 3/5 - Library
Delicious - Nicky Pellegrino 4/5 - Library
Beyond Black - Hilary Mantel 3/5 - Library
Bleak House - Charles Dickens 4/5 - from my TBR shelf
Forbidden - Tabitha Suzuma 3/5 - Book circle
The Secret Cinderella Story - Carolyn Turgeon 3/5 - Library
The Swan Thieves - Elizabeth Kostova 5/5 - Library
So Much for That - Lionel Shriver 3/5 - Library
Solar - Ian McEwan 3/5 - Library
Memories of My Melancholy Whores - Gabriel Garcia Marquez 3/5 - Library
Friends, Lovers and Other Indiscretions - Fiona Neill 3/5 - Library

Having read the results of the discussion point posted by Jodie at Books for Company, I have decided to begin May with a plan.  This will be posted another day.  On returning my library books I will not be tempted to borrow more, but will devote some energy to reducing my TBR shelf.  I still have my book group read and will receive a 'surprise' book circle packet in the post.

Happy Reading!

Blog Archive