Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Buying Books in Bath

If you have read an earlier post you will know that as a leaving present, my lovely colleagues gave me a gift voucher for Waterstones.  Yesterday presented an opportunity to spend some of that money.

We have just purchased a small caravan and my forum loving husband decided to put in a bid for an awning.  We agreed to meet the seller in a pub car park just outside Swindon and then made our way towards Bath.  We decided we would earn our shopping spree by walking in along the canal.  However, we were very kindly picked up by a lovely man on his boat who happened to be going our way.  We earnt our keep by opening and closing the locks just before Bath -  a new skill for both OH and I.

After a bite to eat and cup of tea, first port of call was Waterstones.  I bought 3 for 2 and because I had spent over £10 I was offered one choice from 3 books for just over half price.  A very happy Booketta returned with four books.  OH was allowed to browse in the bike shop so he returned happy too.

Here are my purchases:
Isa & May - Margaret Forster
Eat Pray Love - Elizabeth Gilbert
Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen
blueeyedboy - Joanne Harris

Ooh!  Will I be able to stick to my planned reading - difficult one - watch this space!

Blog Archive