Friday, 7 January 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone!  I know that's so last week, but I can still justify saying it today.  Christmas flew by and ours was fairly quiet.  Both boys returned for a week and it was lovely to have them home.  We didn't go anywhere just chilled and played games.  Santa was kind bringing me perfume, jewellery, cd's, dvd, candles, hand care products, wine and biscuits.  We enjoyed our local New Year walks and celebrations.  The start to New Year was unfortunate with OH cracking his toe on the side of the bath. Fortunately he is not suffering with it and has managed to get back on the cross trainer adjusting his work out, walking and cycling as usual.  I have managed to walk to work despite the damp weather, nice walks but rather dark at 8 o'clock in the morning.  I have started my regime and mean to carry on having fitted in one gym session last weekend.  I have not made resolutions as I always break them and they usually run something like this: eat less, eat healthily, workout, spend less, etc etc.  Inevitable I feel guilt and disappointment so if I manage to achieve any of those it will be a bonus.
Here is my favourite quote for January : Thoughts are but dreams till their effects be tried. - William Shakespeare
My cd of the month is: Muse - Haarp, a present from Chris and absolutely fabulous, such a talented bunch of musicians.
What's on TV:  For me, Grey's Anatomy and Glee are must watches and I am liking Zen the new detective series set in Italy with Rufus Sewell.
I am currently reading: Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver.  I haven't chosen my books for the year yet but if you check out my TBR pic on here you will see there are quite a few to get through and that is not all the shelves.  Added to that will the monthly Reading group choice and book circle choice.
What does this year hold: I am hoping it will be a year of new beginnings, after all this is a new decade and I can feel a need for change a coming.  I am not sure how or what but all will reveal itself before long I hope.  Various projects need attention - Project house which has begun but is ongoing when time and money allow.  After the unfortunate leaks we suffered due to the cold snap before Christmas we are still finishing off one of the bedrooms.  Project garden, tidying old plants and shrubs and sowing some seeds for parsley, rocket and other herbs.  Project sewing and knitting means getting the little room sorted and the sewing machine set up again and most importantly learning how to use it properly.  I still have a little pile of mending which needs attention.  I would like to turn to some drawing and painting although I am not very good I used to enjoy it at school, also photography - I have a lot of experimenting to do with my current camera.
That's all for now folks.  May I wish you all a prosperous and Happy 2011.

Blog Archive