Friday, 17 September 2010

Autumn is Upon Us

I had a lovely week off work at the beginning of September.  I didn't go away but managed to get those jobs done that you just don't get time for usually.  The patio is finished, we just need to do planting to have some shrubs growing up against the trellis for privacy.  Next year we hope to appreciate it (weather permitting) by dining and basking in the afternoon sun. We took a lovely walk along our beautiful coastline about 30 minutes away, the day started with rain and by late afternoon it had cleared up beautifully - you can see some photos in the sidebar.
Last weekend we went camping for one night only in West Wales.  A dull start to the journey but by the time we arrived and put the tents up the sun was shining and we could go on the beach.  The girls were brave enough to go body boarding and the boys launched 'The Good Ship Venus' - Geoff's new kayak.   After a trip into Pembroke for some chips we returned to sit under a canopy of stars.  A clear night we saw satellites and shooting stars, you couldn't get much more romantic than that.  Sunday morning was spent on the beach again and we packed up after lunch to return home in the evening.
This morning I managed to catch up with a friend I hadn't seen for some time which was lovely.  So much has happened in the past few years there was quite a lot to catch up on.  It has made me think about revisiting and reacquainting myself with other friends from that era.
Book group met for the first time after the summer holidays and we reviewed Hardball (a V I Warshawski book) by Sara Paretsky.  This book received mixed reviews from the group, some members are fans of this author and others would not read another book of hers.  I have reviewed this book on an earlier post.  I am still reading The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly.
I am absolutely loving Mad Men.  I have just finished watching series 1 as I didn't catch it first time round.  Series 4 has started on the BBC channel and is keeping me out of mischief but away from my reading.  Spooks starts on Monday and Strictly the following week, I have no chance.  I am also watching Merlin, Glee (again I didn't catch it the first time), Wallander (Swedish) and Ugly Betty.

Blog Archive