Friday, 16 July 2010

Schools Out For Summer

It's official, school is out from today. My eldest have returned from their respective Universities for the summer complete with dirty laundry and all their belongings. This is not a complaint, I love having them home.
Project garden is coming along but rain has stopped play. The base is there, mixing the cement and laying the patio slabs next. I hope the rain stops for us to finish the job and actually enjoy getting some use out of the new patio area this year!
What else have I been up to? I enjoyed a lovely walk around the lake and rose garden ending with a lovely chat over a cup of coffee with a friend this morning. We sat in the coffee shop overlooking the lake, watching the swans with their cygnets, ducks, geese and coots swimming along. Book group went well and we have actually managed to choose a book that is on the library reading group list. This means we can borrow enough copies for the group. One friend brought along her selection of home made beaded jewellery and made a couple of sales. We celebrated another friend's birthday cracking open a bottle of champagne. I enjoyed a lovely walk over the fields and round the reservoir with another friend a week ago, she showed me her lovely garden - the pics are already on view on the blog.
Only one book review this time. - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
I really enjoyed this book, it was well written with plenty going on to keep the interest right from the start. I liked the interaction between the characters and found them all very interesting, particularly the leads. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.
I am currently reading Hardball by Sara Paretsky.

Blog Archive